In today's world, standing still means falling behind. In the tradition of North East excellence, the department of Leadership Development maximizes the ability of current and potential administrators and supervisors to lead into the future.
The department builds upon the successful Covey Leadership training the District has offered for the past twelve years. Core classes provide administrators and supervisors with opportunities, knowledge, and skills to become great leaders who develop great teams and get great results. These leaders will inspire trust, connect the efforts of their teams to the critical objectives of NEISD, tap into the full potential of each individual on their team, clarify purpose, and align systems. Core classes are offered several times each year.
Leadership Development core classes include
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Leadership: Great Leaders, Great Teams, Great Results
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution
- Leading at the Speed of Trust
- Developing Vision, Mission Statement, Purpose, and Core Values
Desired outcomes included
- Building a high trust culture
- Conceptualizing problems differently
- Developing synergistic solutions
- Anticipating change
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Carrying out leadership responsibilities