LEAVE OF ABSENCE
STEPS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES TO FOLLOW WHEN:
REQUESTING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- Request a Leave of Absence through Employee Space, using the Leave of Absence Request Instructions.
- Submit a completed Medical Certification to the Leave Coordinator in the Human Resources Department.
**Your absences must be reported in Smartfind (for certified employees) or Kronos (for classified employees) for each scheduled workday, thoughout your entire leave of absence.**
RETURNING FROM LEAVE OF ABSENCE
EMPLOYEE MUST CONTACT the Leave Coordinator and submit all required paperwork, prior to returning to work.
- Step 1: The physician must complete the Work Status. This form is mailed to you when you start your leave of absence and can be downloaded by accessing the appropriate link indicated on this webpage.
- Step 2: Employee must complete and submit the Return to Work Request. This form is also mailed to you with the Work Status and can also be downloaded by accessing the appropriate link inidicated on this webpage.
- Step 3: The Leave Coordinator must receive the completed Work Status and Return to Work Request forms at least two (2) days before your return from leave of absence.
- Step 4: If the employee has work restrictions on the Work Status form, the Work Status form will be given to the ADA Coordinator, who will contact the Principal/Supervisor to get their approval that the restrictions can be accommodated. The employee CANNOT return to work until the approval has been made by the Principal/Supervisor.
If you have any questions about the steps to take a leave of absence and / or return from leave of absence, please contact Carol Kobernat at (210) 407-0497 or by email at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Upon completion, ALL forms referenced below may be submitted to the Leave Coordinator by fax at (210) 804-7031, mailed to 8961 Tesoro Drive, Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78217, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN TO COMPLETE
|When an employee needs to be out more than 5 consecutive days. Note: A Leave of Absence Request is not needed for Bereavement (Death in Family) Leave (see DEC(LOCAL) and consult with your supervisor/principal.|
|Medical Certification||Physician's certification of medical absence/condition.|
|FMLA - Intermittent Leave Tracking Form||When using approved intermittent FMLA leave.|
|Prior to returning from a leave of absence due to personal/family illness, maternity, parental, adoption, military duty, or approved advanced academic preparation.|
|Work Status||Physician's statement releasing employee to return to work.|
|Advanced Academic Leave Request Form||When requesting a one-year unpaid leave of absence for advanced academic preparation.|
|Personal Leave Request (Discretionary)||When requesting discretionary (Personal Business) leave.|