LEAVE OF ABSENCE
STEPS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES TO FOLLOW WHEN:
REQUESTING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- Complete the Leave of Absence Request(form listed below).
- Attach a completed Medical Certification (form listed below).
- Submit the Leave of Absence Requestand Medical Certification to the Leave Coordinator in the Human Resources Department.
RETURNING FROM LEAVE OF ABSENCE
DO NOT RETURN TO WORK WITHOUT NOTIFYING THE LEAVE COORDINATOR IN THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT.
- Have your doctor complete the Work Status Form. This form is mailed to you when you start your leave of absence and can be downloaded by accessing the link to this form listed below.
- Complete and submit the Return to Work Request. The Return to Work Request is also mailed to you with the Work Status Form and can also be downloaded by accessing the link to this form below.
- The Leave Coordinator must receive the Work Status Form and Return to Work Request form at least two (2) days before your return from leave of absence.
- If the employee has work restrictions and he / she can be accommodated, the Transitional Duty Form (listed below) must be completed and signed by BOTH the employee’s supervisor / principal and the employee. Furthermore, this form has to be updated until the employee is released to full duty.
If you have any questions about the steps to take a leave of absence and / or return from leave of absence, please contact Carol Kobernat at (210) 407-0497 or by email at email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Upon completion, ALL forms referenced below may be submitted to the Leave Coordinator by fax at (210) 804-7031, mailed in to 8961 Tesoro Drive, Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78217, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN TO COMPLETE
|Leave of Absence Request||When an employee is out more than 5 consecutive days|
|Medical Certification||Physician's certification of medical absence/condition|
|Return to Work Request||When an employee is returning from LOA due to personal/family illness.|
|Work Status Form||Physician's statement releasing employee to return to work|
|Transitional Duty Form||When an employee is returning to work with accommodated restrictions|
|Advanced Academic Leave Request Form||When requesting a one-year unpaid leave of absence for advanced academic preparation.|
|Personal Leave Request (Discretionary)||When requesting discretionary (personal Business) leave|
District Policy regarding Leave of Absences are available here. Additional information regarding Leave of Absences is available from your campus/department or by contacting Carol Kobernat.