Classified New Hire Process
Congratulations on your new position and welcome to the North East Independent School District. In order to begin the hiring process, you will need to follow the steps outlined below.
STEP ONE: ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE FINGERPRINTED AND CLEARED THROUGH HUMAN RESOURCES PRIOR TO BEGINNING EMPLOYMENT AND ATTENDING NEW EMPLOYEE ORIENTATION.
***All Classified Employees***
Complete the Fingerprint Application Services of Texas (FAST) Worksheet. This form must be returned to Human Resources within 24 hours of receiving an email from a Human Resources Staffing Specialist. To return the completed form, reply to the Human Resources Staffing Specialist email and attach the completed document. Or you may fax the completed form to 210-804-7056.
***Bus Assistants, Bus Drivers, Custodians, Food Service Assistants, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Assistants, Procurement or any other Facilities/Maintenance positions***
Complete the Informed Consent for Physical and Drug Screen, in the event that it is required for your position. This form must be returned to Human Resources within 24 hours of receiving an email from a Human Resources Staffing Specialist. To return the completed form, reply to the Human Resources Staffing Specialist email and attach the completed document. Or you may fax the completed form to 210-804-7056.
If applicable to the position you were recommended for hire, please read and/or click on the links below.
- University Transcripts - Documents must have an official seal from an accredited institution
Note: Documents, such as resumes and transcripts, submitted become the property of NEISD and will not be returned.
- Texas Education Agency (TEA) - Refer to this website to translate/U.S. Equivalency Foreign Credentials
- State Board Educator Certifications- If you are an Instructional Assistant or a Special Education Assistant and you do not have a State Board Educator Certificate, you must create a profile and apply for a new Educational Aide Certificate. The cost of the certificate is $32.00 at the expense of the employee.
Once your Fingerprint and Physical and Drug Screen have been cleared, you will be contacted again by a Human Resources Staffing Specialist to complete the New Hire Process.
STEP TWO: CLICK ON EACH LINK BELOW TO VIEW ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS AND VIDEO CLIPS.
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Board Policies and Regulations
- View all Employment Board Policies and Regulations
- Term Contracts: Nonrenewal DFBB (LOCAL)
- Assignment and Schedules DK (LOCAL)
- Standards of Conduct DH (LOCAL)
- Educators' Code of Ethics DH (EXHIBIT)
- Compensation and Benefits: Leaves and Absences DEC (LOCAL)
- Compensation and Benefits: Salaries, Wages, and Stipends DEA (LOCAL)
- Drug Free Workplace Notice DI (LOCAL) AND DI (EXHIBIT)
- Employee Welfare: Freedom from Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation DIA (LOCAL)
- Personnel-Management Relations: Employee Complaints/Grievances DGBA (LOCAL)
- Public Information Program Access to Public Information GBA (LEGAL)
- Relations with Governmental Entities: State/Local Governmental Authorities GRA (LOCAL)
- Student Discipline FO (LOCAL)
- Student Welfare: Child Abuse and Neglect FFG (LEGAL) AND FFG (EXHIBIT)
- Student Welfare: Freedom from Bullying FFI (LOCAL)
- Health Services (1 Video)
- Human Resources (1 Video)
- Safety (1 Video)
- Technology Services
You must bring in your official documents (listed on page 9) to verify your employment eligibility on the day of your New Employee Orientation. Failure to bring in these documents will result in being rescheduled, which will delay your employment date.
*READ ONLY* (FORM I-9) * READ ONLY*
STEP THREE: SELECT AN OPTION.
A. ELECTRONICALLY COMPLETE AND PRINT THE NEW HIRE PACKET (USE INTERNET EXPLORER 9 OR ABOVE AND ADOBE ACROBAT.)
B. PRINT AND MANUALLY COMPLETE THE NEW HIRE PACKET.
BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO NEW EMPLOYEE ORIENTATION:
STEP FOUR: PLEASE REVIEW THE LINKS BELOW, WHICH WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH INFORMATION THAT WILL PREPARE YOU FOR THE ORIENTATION.
As a reminder, your New Hire Packet must be completely filled out and brought to New Employee Orientation.