college/university Student ObserverS AND FIELD EXPERIENCE students
North East Independent School District supports colleges and university teacher preparation programs, which require the completion of classroom observation hours. College/university students must complete an online student application. The applicant’s background will be checked and clearance must be approved prior to processing. Observation opportunities are only available from September 1 thru April 18. Students may not observe on STARR testing dates. The District will make every effort to accommodate all student requests; however, the school reserves the right to adjust the dates and times based on the school calendar.
STUDENTS: Please contact your university or college if you are interested in a placement at a campus in North East ISD. Your university or college must contact the Human Resources Specialist, complete a Request for Field Placement form and submit it to the Human Resources Department for approval.
The NEISD Human Resources Staff Development Department must approve all requests for field placements. Please follow the steps below to request classroom observations:
1. Students must complete an on-line Student (Field Experience/Observation Requests) application.
2. College/University Coordinators must submit requests directly to the Human Resources Specialist of Staff Development by completing a Field Experience/Observation Request Form. NOTE: STUDENTS SHOULD NOT CONTACT THE CAMPUS OR THE DISTRICT OFFICE.
3. College/University Coordinators - Save the completed form to your desktop. Submit it to Davilyn Tate (email@example.com) as an email attachment. All students must clear a criminal history check before the request will be approved and returned to you via email.
4. College/University Coordinators - Provide each student with a copy of the Approved Field Experience/Observation Request Form to present to the campus.
NOTE TO STUDENTS:
- For login assistance call 407-0188
- Students should not contact the campus or the District office.
- All students must have a satisfactory outcome of the criminal history check before the request will be approved.
- Please allow 10 business days for processing.