college/university PRACTICUM/ intern STUDENTs
North East works with numerous accredited universities and colleges in the placement of practicum and intern students. The requirements of these placements are typically long term in nature. Students who wish to complete their course work with North East complete the following procedures:
1. Submit an online student application. Once the application is submitted a criminal history background check will be completed. All backgrounds must be approved prior to working with students.
2. Your university coordinator must send an official request listing details of your course requirements via email, fax or mail. It is the responsibility of the student to follow up with university that the request is sent to the following individuals:
- Davilyn Tate - Human Resources Specialist of Staff Development at firstname.lastname@example.org AND
- NEISD Department Coordinator (see list below).
3. Attend a Student Teacher/Intern Orientation prior to working with students if requesting more than 120 hours. Orientations will be scheduled after the department coordinator has approved the request and a criminal history background check has been completed and approved.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Specialist, Davilyn Tate, at email@example.com or 210-407-0479.
Occupational Therapist Practicum, Physical Therapy Practicum and Adaptive Physical Education Practicum, please email Terri Grundy, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speech Language Pathologist Practicums, please email Leslie Redding, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Deaf Support Specialist Interns, please email Sandra Alcazar, Hearing Impaired Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Counseling Practicums, please email Dennis Mergele, District Counseling Coordinator at email@example.com.
Librarian Practicums, please email Faye Hagerty, Director of Library Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation and Mobility Specialist Internships, please contact Emily Leeper, Lead Orientation and Mobility Specialist at email@example.com.
Instructional Assistant Internships, please email Davilyn Tate, Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
student teachers and field experience student observers for the 2014
fall semester, please be advised that our student application process
will be under construction beginning April 17. You may submit your
beginning August 1, 2014. Thank you for your patience, and we look
forward to seeing you next semester.