The 2017 North East Educational Foundation’s 26th Annual Starlight Gala, held on March 4, was the most successful on record with almost 600 in attendance and nearly $200,000 raised.
The NEEF Gala raised funds through sponsorships, a live auction and silent auction. Guests placed bids on silent auction items through a smart phone bidding system and participated in several interactive activities including a wine pull, paddles up to play softball with the superintendent and a drawing for a diamond donated by Gold Unlimited.
Funds raised will go toward classroom enrichment projects in North East ISD that enhance learning and serve purposes outside of district-funded curriculum. Project examples include reading intervention kits, STEM materials, resources for community gardens, iPads and robotics programs.
“All of our proceeds from tonight go right back into the classroom, in the form of grants to our teachers for resource material, books, things like that. It’s a really great evening. A lot of fun, a lot of camaraderie,” said Sandy Hughey Gala Co-Chair.
NEEF would like to thank the many generous sponsors of the 2017 Starlight Gala:
- Energy Testing & Balance
- Garza/Bomberger & Associates
- Pfluger Architects
Starlight Gala Contributing Sponsor
- Omni Hotels and Resorts
- Alamo Architects
- Central Builders Inc.
- Firstmark Credit Union
- Guido Construction
- Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Schulman, Lopez, Hoffer & Adelstein LLP
- Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- Alpha Consulting Engineers
- Bartlett Cocke General Contractors
- Cude Engineers
- FirstSouthwest, a Division of Hilltop Securities Inc.
- Jefferson Bank
- Pape-Dawson Engineers
- R-S-C-R, Inc.
Premier Champagne Toast Sponsor
- Gold Unlimited
Contributing Champagne Sponsor
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- 3Sixty Integrated
- Bear Oil
- Bernard Harris MS PTA
- CDS Muery
- The Center For Health Care Services
- Cleary Zimmermann Engineers
- Combs Consulting Group
- DBR Engineering Consultants
- Drash Consultants LLC
- Frost Bank
- High School Achievements Table 1
- High School Achievements Table 2
- KFW Engineers & Surveying
- Marmon Mok Architecture
- McChesney/Bianco Architecture
- MS2 Consulting Engineers
- O’Connell Robertson
- Persyn Engineering
- Raba Kistner
- RBC Capital Markets
- Sandy and Keith Hughey
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc.
- Zachry Corporation
Posted on 03/06/2017