The Superintendent's Award is a special recognition given to members of the North East ISD community. The Superintendent's Awards are presented by the superintendent to employees, students, parents, taxpayers, volunteers and community members who display exceptional performance in their action and behavior to continue the district's tradition of excellence. The objective of this award is to recognize performance above and beyond expectations in support of the district's mission. Each person receiving the Superintendent's Awards will be invited to attend a special reception where the superintendent will recognize his/her achievement.
*EMPLOYEES CANNOT BE NOMINATED FOR ACTIONS THAT FALL UNDER THEIR LIST OF REQUIRED JOB DUTIES, EVEN IF THEY DO THEM EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. YOU MUST DEMONSTRATE THAT THEY HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT IS EXPECTED TO EARN AN AWARD.
Recipients are chosen from the nomination forms submitted on their behalf. Not all nominations will receive an award. The awards are based on the following criteria:
Nominees should be NEISD employees, students, parents, taxpayers and community members who have not received an award in the last 6 months and who distinguishes themselves through one of the categories below.
- Displays exceptional performance in their action and behavior above and beyond their duties.
- Takes extraordinary steps to achieve results that enhance instruction, operations, campus support or business services, or positively impacts the community.
- Displays leadership, initiative, pride, respect and dedication to carry out the mission of NEISD.
- Leads staff successfully through change in extraordinary circumstances.
- Goes the extra mile to exemplify North East's tradition of excellence in all interactions with customers, including students, parents, taxpayers, community members and other staff.
- Has a "can-do" attitude that focuses on service and motivates others.
Shows a record of accomplishments and creativity and continuously brings new vision to the district.
- Displays heroism that benefits a NEISD student, parent, taxpayer, community member or other staff member.
Nominations must be approved by the principal/supervisor. Forms must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by a member of the NEISD community. No self-nominations will be accepted. Please do not nominate entire campuses or departments.