Lee Journalism earns high honors at competition
In recent statewide contests, the Lee High School journalism program excelled. The Traveler yearbook brought home 10 of the 108 awards given from the Texas Association of Journalism Educators (TAJE) statewide clip contest. They won one overall award, six design awards and three photography awards:
· Excellent in Theme Development - Katherine Sotelo for “Actually”
· Excellent Opening/Closing Spread Design - Katherine Sotelo for “Actually”
· Superior in Division Spread Design - Katherine Sotelo for “Mature”
· Superior in Organizations Spread Design - Sarah Jaramillo (class of ’13) for “On camera”
· Superior in Club Academic Spread Design - Ellie Persellin, Katherine Sotelo, Grace Herndon for “MUNSA”
· Superior in Student Life Spread Design - Avery Reister, Lizzie McLain, Hannah Ledford for “New Mexico”
· Honorable Mention in People Spread Design - Kirsten Felan for “Sophomores”
· Superior in Environmental Portrait - Katherine Sotelo for “Kim”
· Excellent in Sports Feature Photo - Katherine Sotelo for “Cheerleaders”
· Honorable Mention in Sports Action Photo - Katherine Sotelo for “Tennis”
At the Association of Texas Photography Instructors Winter Conference in Austin, two girls came home with awards.
- Katherine Sotelo won second place in the “Cropped” contest.
- Sarah Davila won second place in Picture Package
Posted on March 06, 2014