Eight NEISD schools make NEwsweeks best high school list
Newsweek and The Daily Beast news outlets recently analyzed the data from thousands of high schools to find America’s top-notch schools. Highlighting the best 2,000 schools in the nation, a total of 16 schools out of the 69 public high schools in San Antonio made the list—North East ISD claimed eight spots in the list.
Congratulations to the faculty, staff and students of the following seven NEISD schools (ordered by ranking) that made the list:
- International School of the Americas (Ranked 118)
- Johnson High School (Ranked 266)
- Reagan High School (Ranked 485)
- Churchill High School (Ranked 699)
- Madison High School (Ranked 1399)
- Lee High School (Ranked 1623)
- MacArthur High School (Ranked 1740)
- Roosevelt High School (Ranked 1985)
The selection process focuses on college readiness, including: graduation rate (25 percent), average SAT/ACT scores (10 percent), average AP (Advanced Placement)/IB (International Baccalaureate Program)/AICE (Advanced International Certificate of Education) scores (10 percent), and percent of students enrolled in at least one AP/IB/AICE course (5 percent).
Posted on December 02, 2013