Get in gear for a new school year
A Thousand Oaks Elementary School PTA parent helps deliver school supplies at the schools Meet the Teacher Night last year.
With the first day of school just around the corner on Monday, August 26, schools have set aside days where students can get acclimated before the big day. Usually referred to as Meet the Teacher Night, these special events are essential in making sure your students first day back goes smoothly.
Here are just a few great things to look forward to at Meet the Teacher Night events:
- Students have the opportunity to meet their new teachers and principals.
- Students can set up their school supplies in their desks early so they don’t have to bring them on the first day of school.
- For middle and high school grades, students will receive textbooks, lockers and ID badges.
- Parents and students can familiarize themselves with the school and its policies.
- Purchase school spirit gear before school starts.
Posted on August 21, 2013